The 8th International Conference on Integration of Renewable and Distributed Energy Resources IRED 2018 is a global conference gathering experts from industry, government and academia to share information on state-of-the-art technologies, research and know-how and engage in lively discussions related to the integration of renewable and distributed energy resources into the power systems. The conference takes place in Vienna (October 16-19, 2018) and its focus is on the technical, market, and regulatory issues that challenge the integration of these resources into the grid. The goals of this conference are to:
- Share status and latest results of research projects
- Better understand and communicate the visions of various stakeholders and players
- Learn from individual national programs and policies
- Discuss main issues and barriers and identify other needed research and potential solutions
- Stimulate international, national, and regional project and program coordination
The SmartNet project coordinator Gianluigi Migliavacca will take part in session 4 on October 18th (h17.10-17.30) with a lecture titled “SmartNetProject – TSO and DSO coordination for the provision of ancillary services” chaired by Nikos Hatziargyriou and Jim Reilly.